Tuesday, April 13, 2010

You got some kind of nerve taking all I want.

Listening To: You Found Me by the Fray
Feeling: Sleepy.


"...I found God on the corner of 1st and Amistad
Where the West was all but won
All alone, smoking his last cigarette
I said, "Where you been?", He said, "Ask anything"
Where were you, when everything was falling apart?
All my days were spent by the telephone that never rang
And all I needed was a call that never came
To the corner of 1st and Amistad..."


Though I don't imagine that God smokes cigarettes, I love this song a lot. To me, it's all about feeling that God wasn't there when you needed him, and finding you when you've already broke inside. I know it must be hard to believe sometimes because of the hardships everyone goes through; and I know someone might skip this post just because I'm talking about religion a little, but it's only this paragraph, guys. There've been times when I've asked, "Why?" in my life and "Where were you?" but I've never stopped believing, even though it's been hard at certain times. I think it takes a lot more to believe than it does not to.

On a much less serious note (Or perhaps serious in a different manner), you may've noticed I changed the name of my blog. This is because I want to go for a more serious impression; I was thinking of doing a completely new blog, and am still thinking about it (Though probably not going to do it); but more likely I'm going to delete all the silly/stupid posts. That doesn't mean there will only be serious posts; I just mean the super immature ones. I'm also thinking about making a secondary blog. For what, I'm not quite sure yet. xD I was thinking one for talking about my writing, but writing is such a big thing in my life that it belongs here on A Little More Than Nothing.

Speaking of the name change, do you like it?

Listening To: Rust by Telekinesis

"...I've got a heart but it's afraid to love
Sometimes i think the d*mn thing's full of rust
And every time it seems to skip a beat
Or two or four or five or sometimes three
It pumps something that i cannot call blood
And why'd it have to stop when you said love
'Cause don't you know that at the thought of it
The sucker goes ahead and calls it quits..."


Another opinion I'd like is if you want me to keep posting a snippage of lyrics from what I'm listening to, or just the lyrics in the title (Either way, I'm at least keeping the lyrics in the title, because I think it fits most of the time. Oh, and if my smilies (example, xD) annoy you.

So, as for my writing, I don't know if the Mafia thing is fit to be a book. I've probably said this before and you all are getting whiplash from how often I jump back and forth. xD But I was actually thinking of maybe making it into a short story. Or just writing a collection of short stories in general? I'm not sure. Flash was talking about doing a series of short stories set in the land of her Realm Gods, which sounds like a good idea to me. I'd probably just end up doing a series of shorts about Mercedes Montgomery and her daily life, which I would say most people probably wouldn't want to read. xD But I would like to write a book with her as the main character. She could keep it witty.

Aaannd one of the reasons the Mafia is either a)undergoing a serious plot editing or b)not being made into a book, is because I want to take Ric and Vic out of it. :c I just can't see Ric as a wolf. I see him as a normal, straight guy with a very gay appearance, just like I've always imagined him since I actually developed his Gary Stu character and turned him normal. Though I can see Vic being in a mafia and being a master gunsmen, he can do that without being in a magical realm.

So, yeah. So much for being out of writer's block properly. Well, at least I'm getting there. I'll probably scrape the remaining pieces of the Mafia plot and do something with it...eventually.

Listening To: I'm Not Good by Julia Nunes

"...And as I’ve well established
I am scared of the unknown
So we’ll take it slow, and I’ll let you know
I think we’ll be fine with a little time
I’m getting better at saying things
But it’s still so new
And I may blurt out words that are so unheard of
But I’ll hope that you like me too..."


Also, I'm trying to make a new character. I don't have her name or anything, but I have her hairstyle (I was cruising the 'Net - wow, that is such a white gangsta way to say "looking around on the Internet - and found a picture of a hairstyle that was amazing. I might actually try to style my hair that way one time, but I'll probably epically fail at it, like I do at life) down, and she probably has her knuckles pierced (Can't remember if there was an official name for it) and a vertical labret piercing like on the front of the Dying Is Your Latest Fashion album. I'm not sure what else she has, but I'll have to bug Flash for name ideas.

Oh, I'll be doing little short list intro/shortshortshort bios on the Original Characters (OCs) page, and I might be doing a very narcissistic About Me page for newcomers to the blog or something.

0 Shouts From the Rooftops: