Friday, April 23, 2010

Imprisoned inside this mind, hiding behind the empty smiles.

Listening To: The Arms Of Sorrow by Killswitch Engage
Feeling: A little hungry.


"...Imprisoned, inside this mind
Hiding behind the empty smiles
So simple (the anguish)
As it mocks me
Crawling back into the dark
Running, always running, into the distance
Stop me before I bleed, again
The echoes of my voice
Follow me down
The shadows I cast
Follow me down..."


I'm definitely loving Twitter. I may be posting too much, but meh; I'm new, so I guess that gives me a free pass, perhaps? I just didn't want anyone to think I was going to stop blogging all of a sudden because I have a lazier, quicker, and shorter way to do it, while being instantly updated on all of the people I Follow. I tend to talk too much, rather descriptively so, and that's why I must blog. I think these are the traits of a writer.

Speaking of writing.

Last night, I started writing something revolving around Mercedes Montgomery (The character; not me and my Twitter name). I sort of always wanted to revolve a book around her because she has such an interesting character to me, and though I'm pretty sure this'll turn into a short story rather than a book, I'm still pretty excited to at least be writing something. Everytime I sit down to write, it doesn't have to be a novel. I think my mindset has been stuck in this mode where I mustmustmust write a novel; no short stories, songs, poems. And that's my downfall.

So, if this turns out to be a short story, so be it. Let's just hope it'll be well-written and awesome to look back on a year from now when hopefully my writing has improved, sort of like my doodles drastically improved in just a year. Improving so much that it really didn't look like I ever had artistic talent and then SHAZAM, I apparently do.

Or so people tell me.

Listening To: Basement Ghost Singing by Armor For Sleep

"...Now I'm in your basement
I'm laying low to keep out of your way
I hear your footsteps
Move the floorboards above my head
I have my own routine now
I'm keeping busy in my own way
I'm learning ways to not feel
Like I'm down here forever..."


In other, much more random news, I switched from the my green Nano I got for Christmas back to my way-old original iPod. Yes, that thing still works, and has a vaguely okay battery life. I just have way too many songs that aren't fitting on that Nano and it's tiny little 8GB it's trying to tote. Yeah, it had a video camera. And a radio. Both of which I really didn't use either of. I gave it to mom, though she doesn't listen to music a ton, I think she'll enjoy it.

In a couple weeks I might be sending it in to get it replaced for $50 or whatever it costs, but at Christmas it's already been established I'm getting the newest original iPod, which can contain up to 40,000 songs or whatever. This, of course, will mean that I will be in heaven. I don't know if I'd ever be able to fill it up in my whole lifetime, but you can bet your buns that I'm going to try.

Also, I stopped re-reading Just Listen a long time ago, for some reason. I really, really love that book, I just felt like re-reading a different one. Thus, today, I have started re-reading John Green's Looking For Alaska for...the third of fourth time. The last time I re-read it being last month.

Yeeaaahhh, I like his books, okay?

I also am going to start work on a little art "project." You see, I have this huge sketchpad. I may've blogged about it, but it's more likely that I just told Flash and forgot to blog about it. Either way, this thing is twice the size of a laptop's screen. At least, I would say so. This thing is glorious, and even though I mostly use it for just being able to do a ton of doodles on one page, I'm going to take all of my OCs that I commonly use and draw them all together on this huge-bum page. I'm not sure why I want to do this, but I feel like it should be done.

I'll probably take my time on this, so I can't say when it'll actually be done, or when I'm going to start (But it'll be soon. Either tomorrow or today, I'd say), but I might even post WIPs. And you know it's serious business when that happens, because I tend not to show my art to many people.

So, look forward to that, guys.

So, I guess I'm off to mess around online a little and then go read some Ouran manga (Yes, yes, I've only read a few volumes. I know. I don't look like a true fan, do I? Even though I own all the Ouran episodes in a DVD set that I bought from Disc Replay that looks like it came straight from Japan, and, thus, only has Japanese audio and Japanese audio with jacked-up subtitles).

0 Shouts From the Rooftops: