Monday, April 12, 2010

It's like we're chasing all those stars.

Listening To: Secrets by OneRepublic
Feeling: Tired

"...Tell me what you want to hear
Something that were like those years
Sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away
This time, don't need another perfect line
Don't care if critics never jump in line
I'm gonna give all my secrets away..."

So, I'm incredibly tired right now, and I'm not even sure why. I slept like a baby last night; the night before, no, definitely not, but it usually only takes me one night to recharge. BUT not only am I tired, I am cold, which is a bad combination. If I grab a quilt and get warm, then I'll probably fall asleep. Warm = sleep.

This I know.

My parents recently got me a t-shirt that is pink with navy stitching and stuff, and it says "Save me," and has musical notes. I'm trying to figure out if it's a lyric from a song or if it's trying to say something like "Save me, music, because you're the only thing that's keeping me sane," or something.

I'd rather believe the latter, because music keeps me sane. C: I'm always listening to it, especially when I'm blogging. It really helps me open up and talk to you guys, even though I haven't really talked about anything really deep since that series of blogposts where I was talking about my friends - or, rather, I should say, lack thereof - and about life and growing up and crap. I'm not sure if I failed at being serious or if it came through right or what.

Listening To: Missing Persons 1 & 2 by OneRepublic

"...Everybody's staring straight at me
You spend it all chasing those lies
I dont really wanna take that chance
I dont really wanna do that dance
I dont know what to do till you say
Oh I dont wanna let you go
But I cant keep holding on
Skies of silver, stars of gold
And now you know just what you like
So far this love is all I have
So far this hurt is all I have..."

I've also realized something: I haven't had a "crush," in a very, very long time. Used to be, this would be a cause for freaking out and rushing to find someone to like. I'm thinking that the fact that I don't need to like or lust after someone is some sort of sign that I'm "growing up," *airquotes* or something. Which makes me sound like I'm thirteen or something (Though I'm not. Dude, thirteen was a horrible year for me). xD

Of course, I still drool after quite a few famous musical manchests, but I don't have some sort of crazy unnatural obsession like I did with the Jonas Brothers (Glad to be out of THAT phase) where I practically cried when I found out Joe Jonas got a girlfriend and was crossing my fingers for months that they would break up. Now THAT is unnatural.

Thanks for breaking out of that phase, self. *pats shoulder* So proud.

0 Shouts From the Rooftops: