Thursday, March 11, 2010

Life is too short, and you're almost dead.

Listening To: Lyrical Lies by Cute Is What We Aim For
Feeling: Like thinking about something.
"...And I think what I just wrote is going over my head
I'm stealing lines from myself
And what I said was never said
It's just a lyrical lie
Made up in my mind..."
You know how when you're teenager, you always think you're thoroughly invincible. I'm a teenager, so I should know, but...I also think that when you're an adult, it seems like most things end for you. I won't be able to lay in bed all day listening to my iPod on Sundays anymore when I'm an adult someday; I'll be working on a presentation for work or making business calls (For some reason, I see myself as a businesswoman journalist until I become a novelist).
Seems like the fun is going to be over before any of us will realize it, and then it's on to the structured little lives we're going to have to uphold. Even if some of you decide not to have kids or even a husband/wife, you're life is still going to be busy. You won't be able to set in your chair on your computer for hours on end and type away in your blog or doodle around with your iPod turned up to the max.
I guess I was also thinking about one day when I have a husband. It was practically almost a life-long dream to have a husband who would love me forever and just be so perfect, but now that I'm older I realize (Though I'm a romantic most of the time) that this is real life. Marriage can end in divorce. There can be infidelity (For me, though, I would never cheat. I've never cheated at anything in my life; I just can't do it). There can be a fading of love. Everything can end.
Call me a pessimist, but....maybe I'm just trying to grow up, too, and be more realistic.
Listening To: That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed) by Panic! At the Disco
"...Things are shaping up to be pretty odd
Little deaths in musical beds
So it seems I'm someone I've never met
You will only hear these elegant crimes
Fall on your ears from criminal dimes
They spill unfound from a pretty mouth..."
Maybe it's true that when officially grow up, our old self dies and is reborn as someone who's ready for marriage, a job, to be successful, to not be so flippant or lazy. Some of us never die and become that person; some of live on through the transition hatefully and end up a lifelong dreamer.
Can we really be a dreamer forever? I am a dreamer, but I know I can't just be a teenager, acting and dressing like one, when I'm thirty-years-old. That's seems a bit wrong; the people who do that, who copy the trends around them or of teenagers of their friends to make sure they're fashionable, are sickening. It's pathetic and a cry out to be young and hip. I detest adults like that.

0 Shouts From the Rooftops: