Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I'm wrecking this evening already and loving every minute of it.

Listening To: There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet by Panic! At the Disco
Feeling: Busy


"...Next is a trip to the, the ladies room in vain, and
I bet you just can't keep up with
(Keep up!) with these fashionistas, and
Tonight, tonight you are, you are a whispering campaign.
I bet to them your name is "Cheap"
I bet to them you look like shh...
Talk to the mirror, oh, choke back tears.
And keep telling yourself that "I'm a diva!"..."


Well, I finished drawing that Mother's Day gift for my mom (Because I am broke. No gold-digging men going after me, that's for sure), which is of - you guessed it - flowers, which is what she loves most of all. Well, one of the things. I was thinking of just doing it in pencil, then I thought of just doing it in charcoal so I could do some shading, and then I finally decided to just line it and color it in. I have to say, I'm sort of happy with how it turned out. I can't say if it's my best or not because, somehow, with it colored, the flowers look less realistic to me. It might just be me, though.

I don't think she's expecting anything though, so I'm going to spring with it at midnight. Hopefully dad won't steal my thunder and wish her a happy Mother's Day before I can. Not like he hasn't done that before, of course, because it is a miniature battle between us of who gets to say it first (At least, it feels that way to me, and, albeit the childish nature of it, it still feels like some sort of challenge).

Also, already done some editing to my story chapters. After much inner debate, I decided to make it center around the character Mercedes Montgomery instead of Labyrinth, because Labyrinth just isn't main character material. Leader material, yes, but not main character. He'll get pretty close with Mercedes, though (Just as friends, though, because they just don't fit romantically), so whoever reads it will have the chance to get to know each of these key-bearers or whatever they are.

Speaking of romance, though, mom told me she might actually want to read this book once it's finished because despite it being about fantasy, it sounds dramatically less romantic than the Sacrifice Trilogy. This is true. The Sacrifice Trilogy was more about Honor and Atone jumping around grabbing each others bums and casting soulful glances at each other rather than the actual fighting and plotline (Not to mention that Honor was a Mary-Sue if I ever saw one, and had less personality tham a damp piece of cardboard). Even though, I still like Atone. And Justice. And Sacrifice. I'll probably salvage those characters and keep them even though I've ditched the novel itself.

Still, if any of you know me even vaguely well, you know that I love hot guys. And, more importantly, a hopeless romantic (Despite attempting to kick that habit). So I want this story (Which has a title, as I may've mentioned, though I'm not revealing it yet except to a couple close friends) to have some romance; I just don't want it to be all romance. As much potential as that might have to ruin an otherwise perfectly nice fantasy story, I can't help it. The itch is under my skin. So far, though, no romantic couples are presenting themselves from the characters I've interjected into the story so far. Gore would never give up a life of endless ladies to get back with Mercedes, and as I've been thinking of pairing her with someone else, everyone else I've tried in the past loses it's flavor. It seems cruel, though, to make that horrible guy her true love when they'll never be together again (Or, if they are, he'll just leave her or cheat on her. As he did both last time).

I suppose that's the end of this post for now. I just wanted to talk a bit about the story and about the Mother's Day thing, since mom doesn't read my blog and probably doesn't even know where to find it. And if dad reads it, he obvioulsy isn't going to run off and tell her.

Haha, dad, I love you. ♥

Oh! I did create a new set of twins (Yes, I know I have Gore and Ryder, and Ric and Vic, but shut up): Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. I got the idea when listening to a lot of Showbread the other day. I'll say now I'm not trying to say they're God or a "god and goddess," I just use those names to show that they're powerful. They're embodiments of lightning (Yes, like the weather) spirits, and they're going into my story.

0 Shouts From the Rooftops: